1/2 Day (Duration: 03h00 approx.)|
- Departure from the Hotel at 9:30 AM or 02.30 PM. Taking the coastal road,
and always in the presence of the lush green mountain range Serra da Ferreira,
we arrive at Castelo Branco, continuing on to the Varadouro, a magnificent bay
with natural thermal fountains and pools.
- Short walk around.
- The next stop is in the Capelinhos area where the landscape was completely
changed with village houses and fields covered with volcanic ash from the time
of the sea volcanic eruptions of 1957-58. Visit the local exhibition.
- The tour continues on to the Caldeira, a crater 400 meters deep and 2 km wide,
located in the central part of Island.
- This area, surrounded by exuberant vegetation, is classified as a natural
reserve and is considered one the major attractions in the Island.
- Next stop at the Miradouro da Espalamaca where a bird´s eye view of Horta
including its marina and surrounding Monte Queimado and Monte da Guia mountain
areas can be enjoyed.
- Return to the Hotel at 12.30 AM or 5:30 PM.