On this excursion from Santiago de Compostela you will enjoy a full day tour discovering Rias Altas.
Tour highlights include stops at PUENTEDEUME; a lovely medieval fishing and vacation village. It was built on the sides of very steep hills (at the foot of the Breamo Mountain). Narrow streets with arcades - Castle and Tower of the Andrade family who were once lords over most of this lands. Parish church of Santiago. "Brige over th Eume River" which gives the name to the village. The Magdalena beach and the vacation village of Cabañas. BETANZOS; a monumental town, having interesting romanesque and gothic churches: Santa Maria del Azouge, Santiago and San Francisco with the burial of Fernán Perez de Andrade "O'Bo". (the good) Capital of the "As Mariñas dos condes" area. And A CORUÑA; the provincial Capital, It is a beautiful seafaring city situated on a peninsula which is divided into three parts; the old City, the centre or "pescadería" and the "Ensanche". It has on active international fishing and passengers port. Wonderful galleries enchance the facades of the houses which gave it the name of "Glass city". Hercules Tower being the only roman light-house still workes in the world. Orzan and Riazor beaches. Some free time in the centre.
Day by Day Itinerary:
1 Day (Duration: 08h30 - 09h30)
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA - PUENTEDEUME - MIÑO
- PONTE DO PORCO - BETANZOS - EL PEDRIDO - SADA
- MEIRÁS - SANTA CRUZ - A CORUÑA - SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA - Departure from Santiago - First stop at PUENTEDEUME a lovely
medieval fishing and vacation village.
- Then pass threw MIÑO tourist villa with a
long beach and sandy hills. Camping site.
Wonderful view to the Betanzos Estuary.
- Cross over PONTE DO PORCO medieval bridge
over Lambre river. Beautiful beach and
- Next stop at BETANZOS a monumental town
- Cross over EL PEDRIDO bridge with a
splendid view of Betanzos estuary. Beautiful
marshes and shellfich-growing plots.
- On to SADA fishing and sport port in
Fontán. Fine sand beaches. Wonderful view of
- After Lunch MEIRÁS Meiras Palace. It was
the summerhouse of General Franco´s family.
- SANTA CRUZ tourist villa on one border of
La Coruña Estuary. Castle of Santa Cruz on a
small island close to the coast. Beaches.
- Last stop A CORUÑA The provincial Capital.
- Return to Santiago L