1 Day (Duration: 08h30 - 09h30)|
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA - ESCLAVITUD - IRIA
FLAVIA - PADRÓN - PUENTECESURES - CATOIRA -
CARRIL - VILAGARCÍA DE AROUSA -
VILAXOAN - CAMBADOS - O' GROVE - ISLA DE A
TOXA - A LANZADA - PORTONOVO - SANXENXO -
COMBARRO - PONTEVEDRA - CALDAS DE REIS - SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
- Departure from Santiago
- ESCLAVITUD a remarkable 18th century
- IRIA FLAVIA it was a very important site
of roman emperors, and was the Episcopal See
from the early times of the christianity.
Collegiate church with pointed arches and
- PADRÓN medieval town with a very important
jacobean tradition, lying between the rivers
Sar and Ulla. Land of poets like Rosalia de
Castro, Macías, Rodrigo de Padrón, Camilo
- PUENTECESURES medieval bridge over Ulla
river which separates La Coruña and
Pontevedra provinces. It is the begining of
- CATOIRA view of Arosa Estuary.
- Stopping at CARRIL with views of Cortegada
Island. Description of marine cultures.
- VILAGARCÍA DE AROUSA it was the first
international port in Galicia.
- VILAXOAN Manor house of Sobrán and a
- Stopping at CAMBADOS Fefiñanes Manor house
dating form the 16th century. Manor house of
Bazán, nowadays being a three star Parador.
Port and fish market. Good wine and excelent
- O' GROVE it has the best Galician seafood.
- Stopping at ISLA DE A TOXA a dream
like an island. A very luxurious tourist
resort with one of the best hotel, Spa and
Springs in Galicia form making the famous
black soap of La Toja. There are also
Apartments, Casion and beaches.
- A LANZADA beach of 4 km. Long open to the
Atlantic ocean. Romanesque church from the
12th century dedicated to Mary.
- PORTONOVO small fishing villa.
- SANXENXO modern tourist resort with
promenades and beach.
- Stopping at COMBARRO declared as
monumental place because of its narrow
medieval streets, granaries and
- Stopping at PONTEVEDRA provincial
capital which is surrounded by Lerez river.
Walkingtour to see St. Mary, San Francisco
and the Pilgrim madonna churches.
- CALDAS DE REIS thermal waters discovered
by the romans. Spas and Umia river.
- Return to Santiago
END OF TOUR SERVICES