1 Day (Duration: 08h30 - 09h30)|
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA - BARBANZA - PADRÓN -
RIANXO - PONTE GOIANES - PUEBLA DE CARAMIÑAL
- MONTE CUROTA - SANTA UXÍA DE RIBEIRA -
DOLMEN DE AXEITOS - CASTRO DE BAROÑA -
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
- Departure from Santiago
- A BARBANZA is a peninsula which harmonize
with the hilly landscapes and the skylines
of the estuaries and open coasts.
Prehistoric memories, "savoir vivre" in free
time combined with a busy fishing activity.
The whole BARBANZA is a combination of
marvellous landscapes which can be admires
by following our itinerary.
- PADRÓN (stop) medieval town with a very
important jacobean tradition lying between
the rivers Sar and Ulla. Land of poets like
Rosalía de Castro, Macías, Rodrigo de Padrón,
Camilo José Cela.
- RIANXO small harbour crowded with boats.
Foremost figures of Galician Literature were
born here; the brilliant artist Castelao,
the avant-garde poet Manuel Antonio and the
elegant writer Rafael Dieste.
- PONTE GOIANES Manor house which is called
"Torres de Goianes", rebuilt by Domingo de
Andrade on the 17th. Century.
- PUEBLA DE CARAMIÑAL (stop) a quaint villa,
composed of two parts; "Puebla del Deán",
quarter of nobility and former places, and
"Santa Maria del Caramiñal", marine district
where the salting industry grew up.
- MONTE CUROTA 861 m high. It´s the top of
the Barbanza mountains; sanctuary of the
nature. From the Natural balcony " Valle
Inclan" of national importance at 498m we
can get a most impressive view to the Arosa
Estuary among wild horses.
- SANTA UXÍA DE RIBEIRA prosperous town, the
third best fishing village of Galicia and
the fifth overall in Spain; shellfish,
- CORRUBEDO views over the probably most
beautiful dune of Galicia and visit to the
- DOLMEN DE AXEITOS is one of a large number
of dolmens in Galicia, which remember a
former style of live.
- CASTRO DE BAROÑA faced to a magnificent
and tidal wave beach. It was excavated and
opened for tourists, who admires the art and
living of the celtics.
- RETURN: approximately at 6 p.m.
END OF TOUR SERVICES