Join a Scheduled Group Coach Tour from Lisbon to visit Madrid, Spain....
CACERES: If Spain had anything akin to the American Far West, it must have been Extremadura -the land beyond the River Duero- the area that gave birth to so many doughty Conquistadors. Cáceres (pop. 74,589), named World Heritage City in 1985, sober, seigneurial and proud, lies in the heart of this conquistador homeland. Largely medieval, the town walls date from the time of the Almohads and even preserve some Roman sections. Twelve of the thirty towers which once protected the enclosure are still standing.
MADRID: The capital of Spain, located in the heart of the península and right in the center of de Castillian plain 646 meters above sea level, has a population of over three millions. A cosmopolitan city, a business center, headquarters for the Public Administration, Government, Spanish Parliament and the home of the Spanish Royal Family, Madrid also plays a major role in both the banking and industrial sectors. Most industry is located on the southern fringe of the city; where important textile, food and metal working factories are clustered . Madrid is characterized by intense cultural and artistic activity and a very lively nightlife.
TOLEDO: The first-time visitor to Toledo cannot help be struck by the city as a whole, impregnated as it is with such a weight of history and wealth of culture. The town, perched on a hill skirted by a sharp bend in the River Tagus, has remained almost unchanged since the end of the Middle Ages, surrounded by curtain walls and formed by a winding maze of alleyways and lanes that meander up and down, crisscrossing and revealing, to the visitor its historical sights and secret corners. Toledo is a city to be explored on foot, time and time again, following itineraries that lead to the artistic and cultural high spots, and losing oneself among the nooks and crannies of its tangled web.
Day by Day Itinerary:
5 Days / 4 Nights
LISBON - CACERES - MADRID - 07:30AM: Departure from Lisbon.
- Leaving towards the border with Spain and continuation to Caceres.
- Time at leisure to know its Plaza Mayor and to walk through the old city and its medieval quarter, very well preserved and considered as a World
- Lunch on your own.
- Continuation to Madrid.
- Dinner on your own.
- Overnight in Madrid
DAY 2: MADRID
- Morning city sightseeing tour to get acquainted with this monumental city and see the most important buildings, avenues and squares: Gran Via, Plaza de España, Plaza de Oriente, fountain of Cibeles and Columbus squares, Puerta de Alcalá, Paseo de la Castellana, etc...
- Afternoon to continue exploring on your own this cosmopolitan city.
- Lunch and Dinner on your own.
- Overnight in Madrid B
DAY 3: MADRID - TOLEDO - MADRID
- Today there is a half day tour to the monumental city of Toledo.
- Located one hour drive from Madrid, the city is like an immense museum of great beauty and holds some of the most genuine historical Spanish Monuments. The old city is considered as a National Monument and named World Heritage City. Toledo is also named the city of three cultures, as for a long period of time, the Christian, Islamic and Jewish lived peacefully within its walls.
- After the tour, return to Madrid.
- Rest of the day at your own leisure in the city.
- Overnight in Madrid B
DAY 4: MADRID
- Full day at leisure for shopping or visiting some of city's many museums and monuments like the Prado Gallery or the Royal Palace.
- You may also take optional excursions to El Escorial, Avila and Segovia (inquire for rates) or experience the lively restaurants and bars along the old typical quarters.
- Overnight in Madrid B
DAY 5: MADRID - TRUJILLO - LISBON
- Departure to the region of Extremadura and arrival to Trujillo, birth place of Spanish conquerors.
- Free time on your own to visit Trujillo's beautiful and monumental Plaza Mayor and continuation
to cross the Portuguese border towards Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal located at the mouth of river Tagus.
- Arrival and end of our services B
END OF TOUR SERVICES
(*NOTE: During the stay in Madrid, there will not be the service of a Tour Escort. Tours in Madrid shall be made by regular coach tour departures.)
Walk the Camino de Santiago! This version of our Camino de Santiago is designed for independent travelers who would like to walk the last 100kms/62 mi of the Pilgrimage trail with baggage transfer from accommodation to accommodation...
All Spain Highlights Coach Tour from Madrid
Group Bus Tour from Madrid visiting all of Spain. Important cities like: Barcelona, Cordoba, San Sebastian, Bilbao, Oviedo, Gijon, La Coruña, Lugo, Santiago de Compostela, Vigo, Salamanca, Merida, Seville, Ronda, Granada, Valencia, Toledo
We had a fabulous time on the Camino de Santiago! Everything worked as
it should have and all contact we had with anyone associated with
EATours was very friendly, very helpful and totally professional. You
can be sure that we will be passing the word. A real pleasure...